CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Potty training blessings... yes, I said blessings!



Lucy was almost two. The cursed time of potty training was coming and I tried to pretend it wasn't. Maybe if I didn't think about it, the time wouldn't come when I would need to potty train again! Then one day, out of the blue, Lucy started sitting on the potty. I watched from a distance. Unready and unwilling to jump in and start a long process of accidents and headaches. But I told myself, if she really goes potty in that toilet one of these days, I'll buy some undies for her and do it. Lo and behold, one day she did go! And then she started going all day, in the potty, entirely on her own accord. She undressed herself (something Alex wouldn't do), climbed up on the big potty with out fear (something Lili wouldn't do), and went both poo and pee (something David wouldn't do) whenever she needed to (something none of the rest did). I literally only had to wipe, although she tried doing that as well. I've never heard of any real live kid doing this. If I had, I would have been sceptical. Lucy truly does have a mind of her own!

4 comments:

Woodruffs said...

That is awesome! I can't believe she is old enough to be potty trianed. Where has the time gone?

Sam 'n Krista Berryhill said...

Wow!! Go Lucy!! That's great!

MC & FA Berryhill Family said...

Horray for Lucy! What a girl! You deserve a break like that Belinda!

MC & FA Berryhill Family said...

Horray for you Lucy! What a girl! You deserve a break like that Belinda!