
Picture to right: Belinda and I eating at the Blue Bayou. :) One of my all time favorite rides is the Pirate one. We made reservations to eat at the Blue Bayou the first night. It was fun because we got to sit right by the water. People going by on their boats made all sorts of interesting noises and of course stared. It felt pretty weird, like we were part of the ride for them or something! One obnoxious guy started singing this crazy perverted song nice and loud as he floated by. Matt and I had a lot of fun from then on scheming about what we could throw at people like him without getting caught. In the end, after alot of laughing and failed attempts, we decided we didn't want to get kicked out of Disneyland on our first day. But maybe we'd come back on our last day here? :)

Picture to Right: Belinda and I at Sleeping Beauty's Castle:
On our first date, Matt pulled me into the hall to teach me how to waltz. He started singing softly the waltz from Sleeping Beauty, as he taught me the steps and spinned me around, " I know you, I've walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar to me... And if I know you, I know what you'll do. You'll love me, at once. The way you did once, upon a dream"!
Of course, it was all in fun, and he wasn't pretending to mean any of it. But my romantic heart melted at once. Before and after that dance was so magical! It was, quite simply, the most fun I'd ever had on a date. Some say soul mates don't exist, but things moved so fast for us for a reason. From our first date we both knew something really special had happened. Maybe we did know each other once upon a dream!
As Matt and I passed the carousel, it was playing our waltz. Matt twirled me around and around and I felt a bit dreamy all over again!

Picture to Right: Belinda and I on the Steamboat
What a trip! We had so much fun running around to rides, shows and restaurants that I even got blisters on my feet the first day. We stopped at the Steamboat for a nice moment of relaxation! Unfortunately, there were no seats left, so we were left standing. Oh, well! It was a nice view anyway.
It was quite an emotional roller coaster preparing to leave my kids for a whole week. But in the end the kids loved being at their Grandparents and Lucy loved Rose and Kyan. And somehow we were able to relax and let it all go after leaving. Once there, Matt and I joyfully remembered what it's like to date again... for more than a few hours each Friday. At first it almost felt odd, having that much time together. But I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to spend almost a week alone with my best friend. And to remember all the reasons we fell in love, even before we had 4 beautiful kids.
Happy 10th, Matt!!
-Matt and Belinda
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary you two love birds! How fun to spend it in Disneyland! Hope it was wonderful!
I'm so glad you guys had fun and you had a safe trip!!
Post a Comment