
Well, It's been too long! We are all having a busy but wonderful time this Christmas. I'm still tap dancing and loving it. I've also taken to running and am training for my first 5k. Matt's work is keeping him busy as his group keeps growing and tracking down all those scary pirates worldwide. :) Alex is progressing in school and just made a topographical map cake in the shape of washington with all the cities, rivers, mountains, volcanoes, dams and regions on it.
He got the highest score possible, which is hard to achieve in our school system. He had fun making it and also eating it with his classmates! He also just performed a Christmas song on the piano for Primary sharing time. He did really well. We're proud of how accomplished he is becoming on the piano! He is starting the simplified hymns book now and we look forward to him being able to play hymns for us. His current passion is Pokemon. He can tell you what a hundred different Pokemon do are what they are decended from, thier powers and weaknesses etc.
Lili is in gymnastics and is loving it! She announced to me today that she can stand on her hands for 10 seconds without falling now. Handstands used to be something she struggled with. She is a determined little gymnast. I love to watch her work hard at something that she wants. She seems to already know that if she isn't good at something, she can just work on it and she will get much better. She doesn't get discouraged easily! She is also very creative and artistic. Her pictures and love notes are all over the house. She often ropes in her brothers, sisters and cat (Elinor) for her artistic creations. Here she is adjusting the costume she made Lucy!

David is loving Kindergarten, which did take an adjustment. His favorite thing is all the friends he's made. He's quite a social bug! Every day he buzzes through his homework and asks " Can I have a playdate?" In fact, they are usually the first thing out of his mouth when he steps off the bus! Just so I would have an excuse to spend SOME time with my little buddy, we had to come up with a rule. No playdates two days in a row. Whew! Now I get a spot in his little appointment book of playdates! I sure love the guy. He entertains me with his stories and opinions and I tell him mine. He is a good listener as well as a talker and we enjoy our conversations.
1 comment:
Matt, you guys have a beautiful family. Good to see ya healthy and happy.
Michael and Amber Gariety
Post a Comment