CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Parenting 505


Did anyone else catch that comment in conference about how when we have a child we are enrolled in parenting 101 and a lucky few of us are blessed with a child that automatically put us in parenting 505? Well, that comment made me laugh and laugh because I know exactly what he was talking about. My little Goose (Lucy) is creative, smart and so very loving. She is also the messiest, most unpredictable little goose you ever met. As her uncle David says, you can never guess what she is going to do next. On this day, the family was gathered together making plans for our next big adventure (more on that later). We had our heads together for what felt like, no more than 5 minutes or so, when I looked up to find Lucy. This is what I saw... Lucy, stripped down to her underclothes, with a jar full of mud and a paint brush, painting my patio doors with gusto. She was so into her art work that she didn't notice me sneaking a picture in, before she got in trouble! The poor girl was actually surprised that patio doors and mud are not an acceptable combination and was very sorry. She always is! I had a good secretive laugh over this. And then we both set to work cleaning the patio doors.

2 comments:

Woodruffs said...

I love that girl, she has a lot of spunk! Give her a kiss for me :)

Matt and Cindy Miller said...

Man I feel for you, it feels like kids are a never ending mess. Thank goodness they are so dang cute or I just might throw them out with the trash.