So many of you know that Dave is living with us right now while he goes to college up here. The guy is kind, helpful, unobtrusive and fills our home with piano music that is beautiful. But his diet is another matter! As a prego mommy, I am constantly having to hold back my gag reflex when he makes something to eat. Worse, he is often trying to get me to try it on the grounds that I tease him for being a picky eater. So, he reasons, if I don't want his odd concoctions, I must be a picky eater too! I just had to share Sunday's dinner with cyberspace... because it was so funny! I made veggie/cheese ravioli with Alfredo sauce. Dave doctored it up with RED ROBIN fry seasoning. Although gross, that wasn't the funniest part. Then he made himself a side dish of a corn tortilla with ketchup slathered all over it! I wish I took a picture of his plate, it was quite a sight. In part fascination, part grossed-outness, I watched him roll up the ketchup burrito and eat it along side his Red Robin seasoned Alfredo ravs. He saw me watching and then tried vigorously to get me to "Try it, Belinda! It's REALLY good!" That night after Matt got home from work, I told him in bed all about the dinner and we had a really great laugh! Most of the time Dave is an adult... and sometimes he's worse than the kids! But always good for a laugh. Don't worry, Dave, we aren't laughing at you, we are laughing with you! REALLY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment